Sunday, October 15, 2006

I won! I won! I won!

More on that later.

Two visits this week - Friday and today. Both days, technical problems delayed the opening of the HMH (grrr), so I'd grab a Fastpass and beat it straight to Fantasyland.

I noticed a few more mini jack-o'lanterns in Storybook Land - a couple in Pinocchio's village (just after going through Monstro, on the far right) and one on the Big Bad Wolf's doorstep. Alice's rowboat is back, but Mr. Mole's is still MIA.

The new hedgehog effect in Alice in Wonderland is improving, but the timing's still way off (and will someone please put the Caterpillar's shoes back into place?). I can't wait until it's perfected.

It's the darndest thing - I thought I smelled wood glue in Snow White's dungeon scene (speaking of glue, the Wicked Queen's apple seems to be falling out of her hand in the rowboat).

Anyway, after a spin on Roger Rabbit, I was on my way out of Toontown when a couple of the park suits told me I'd won a Dream Fastpass. I got this lanyard with two big plastic passes on it, one for Disneyland and one for DCA. Each pass had little break-off passes for various E-tickets (oh, and there was a paper Fastpass for the HMH, too). Because my damn back problems keep me off the thrill rides, I only used the HMH pass (but what the hell, in 49 years when Disneyland's celebrating it's centennial, I can probably sell it to a Disney fanatic on eBay). Note to the park brass: PLEASE show a little more consideration for riders with medical problems when making those things next time. I may not be visibly disabled (I'm young and look perfectly healthy), but one trip on Indiana Jones would leave me flat on my back for weeks.

Thanks to Fastpass, I got to ride the HMH three times without waiting in line once (whee! Now if only they didn't overstuff the stretch rooms this time of year...). Oh, and everyone wanted to know where I got my Daria t-shirt.

All in all, a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home