Friday, June 16, 2006

Summer's pretty much here.

Unfortunately that means crowds. If you've read this blog before you know I don't like crowds. And unfortunately the summer crowds are the worst-behaved. I cannot, and will not, tolerate poor behavior from ANYONE. I don't effing care if you were raised in a barnyard; this is California and you cannot seriously expect locals to put up with any crap from tourists who refuse to behave themselves.

Sunday night, some evil little snot in the HM foyer was snapping her flash left and right, blinding *everyone*. (In all fairness, I am probably more affected by this than most people, since my eyes have always been highly sensitive to sudden changes in lighting.) I politely, quietly, and discreetly asked her not to use her flash inside dark rides; it's not allowed and it's very rude. She loudly, rudely, and falsely accused me of having an "attitude". As if hers weren't 100 times worse. I'm entitled to have one, since I know how to behave myself in public, and I'm not trailer trash. Let me tell you, I have been *sorely* tempted to ask security to deal with these people (though, thus far I haven't, as they've got their hands full with shoplifters and such). I find it somewhat disconcerting that while the illustrious Disney name was once synonymous with the highest standards, these trashy lowlifes continue to get past the front gate. Having enough money to enter the park does NOT mean you are worthy of going out in public. At least it's good to know that if she isn't above sassing her superiors, she'll never get anywhere in life (and if she knew who I was - I don't like to broadcast who I really am - she'd be on her knees kissing my ass).

Big tip: If you like to visit DL at night (which I do during hotter times of the year) but hate fireworks (which I do...I'm slowly going deaf as it is, dammit), get on it's A Small World just as the show starts. One trip through Small World takes almost the same amount of time as the fireworks show, and I couldn't hear the fireworks at all inside the show building.

That disgusting wad of gum is still gone from the courtroom door in Mr. Toad, and that doll at the end of Pinocchio has his wig and hat on in a passably straight manner. Unfortunately, Mr. Toad's tiny red car is still missing from Storybook Land (a big fat THANK YOU, again, to the nice CM who let me cut the line because I was a single rider).

Adorable newbies du jour: the family of three in the Roger Rabbit queue who had never ridden the attraction and asked me if it was anything like the Tea Cups. Not quite, I explained. The vehicles are toon cabs and run along a track, with the rider having complete control over the spinning (the Tea Cups are all mounted on a spinning plate that is on one giant plate, with each rider spinning their tea cup in addition to the spinning plates). Their cab was behind mine and I couldn't help but notice they didn't spin it much, probably because of their very young child. Kudos to parents who choose not to give their kids motion sickness!

I will reiterate: Fantasyland is even prettier at night. See it after dark at least once in your life. (Come to think of it, the same holds true for the entire park.)

I selected a SoCal pass, even though I could have managed a premium pass, because of the chosen blockout dates. Realistically, I don't *want* to be at Disneyland on Saturdays, holidays, or during the summer (the hottest and busiest time of the year) because of the insane crowds (not to mention the awful Anaheim heat...I'm a beach girl, thankyouverymuch), and see no point in paying another $200 for a privilege I don't even want (ever wonder how old money gets old in the first place?). So, for the next two months, expect to see some other DL-related stuff.

See you at Disneyland...probably on Bats Day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like they did something with the entryway and exit of "Small World"...the postcards look a bit more brilliant than usual.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home