Sunday, April 02, 2006

I had a GREAT day at DL.

Since today was not only a Sunday (meaning the park opened at 8 a.m.) but the start of Daylight Savings Time as well, the park was fairly empty for the first few hours (case in point: I didn't even have to wait for Peter Pan). Well worth getting up extra-early and braving the 46-degree (per the display on my dashboard) temperature.

I got my own boat on Storybook Land (again), which was nice. Unfortunately Mr. Toad's tiny red motorcar is missing. I hope it wasn't stolen by some Spring Breaker (blockout dates for spring break don't kick in until this weekend, but they're already turning up in droves). After that it was off to Wonderland with me, to see Alice and pals and have a chat with the ride operator.

Speaking of Spring Breakers, I can't help but wonder if one of them is responsible for the spitballs I spotted throughout It's A Small World. Ugh. That one cracked egg in the rainforest scene is working fine, though.

Roger Rabbit broke down (again...and none of the Fastpass machines there were working either), but Pluto did come over and give me a few hugs while I was eavesdropping on the Toontown Police phone. I can't help wondering if Pluto was played by anyone I know.

Jungle Cruise was practically a walk-on, and skipper Alex was hilarious.

Of course, I had to ride Haunted Mansion a few times. The attic is already undergoing changes. The popup ghosts are gone (though moanings of "I Do" are still heard loud and clear), and the furniture and props have been rearranged from random-looking piles of late-19th-century attic junk into several specific portrait spots. There's a chair here, a table there, etc., each with the space around it cleared, which is perfect for the new concept of a portrait of each of the Bride's doomed husbands surrounded by a pile of whatever loot she apparently got out of him.

I forgot to note this last time: the Lilly Belle car is pulled behind the E.P. Ripley (yes, all the engines have names).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home