Monday, May 08, 2006

THE ATTIC IS AWESOME!

More on that in a bit.

Yesterday was another lovely day at Disneyland. Not super-crowded, gray skies, etc.

Snow White was up and running, but the Wicked Queen is still badly bent over in one scene and the color effect on the poisoned apple is still broken in her next.

I don't mind a few piles of duck poop in Storybook Land (it's to be expected with so many ducks living there), but the gardeners have missed a few noticeable weeds around Toad Hall. Mole End is crooked as well (the surrounding "turf" is also badly discolored), plus Toad's red car is still missing. But, I got my own boat on Storybook Land *and* Small World - lucky me!

The Toontown Jolly Trolley is back on the track by the station (it's been missing for a few years), but it wasn't running. Hmm.

I wish I'd had my camera ready when I rode the Jungle Cruise - a mama duck and six adorable ducklings were preening themselves near the shore in the African Veldt scene. Too freakin' cute.

Anyway, on to the HM attic.

I wasn't too happy to hear about the Bride going from a Miss Havisham to a Black Widow, since it plays into the gender-based stereotype of women who marry for money. But, the new effects are so incredible I don't care. There are a few videos of the attic online, but they do NOT do it justice, partly since the "beheaded groom" effects don't seem to show up in the videos.

The Attic Bride looks more like a ghost from a movie than the old Bride. She's scarily realistic, and she does wield an axe and speak..."I do, I do, I DID...In sickness and in WEALTH...Here comes the bri-ide..." She looks really familiar; I wonder where I've seen that actress before.

The re-styled attic was so incredible I rode the HM five times. If you make one trip this year, go to Disneyland while the Mansion is open!

See you at Disneyland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home