Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Pet Peeve: Brats with flash cameras.

Seriously. NOBODY likes them, least of all me.

So I wake up early and decide to make the most of an overcast morning (summer's approaching, y'know). If you're one of my usual readers (all three of you...ha!) you know how much I love cool gray skies.

Practically everything in Fantasyland was a walk-on (guess I picked the right day to go). Then Toontown opened, and two teenage girls decided it'd be a great idea to gum up the Roger Rabbit queue by posing for flash pictures! Now, this would be irritating enough (don't get me started on the newbie CM who allowed two pushy tourists to cut the line ahead of me). But then, they were given the cab behind mine, and immediately started snapping their #^@$%*& flash! I finally had to tell them to knock it off. I don't like to do it, but hell, the park isn't going to let CM's discipline two little snots who obviously haven't learned any manners. I am really in no mood to deal with anyone else's crap. (The last two animatronics - Roger and the zoot-suited weasel - weren't working either.)

Noticed a couple of weeds in Storybook Land's Agrabah scene (it's supposed to be the desert...you've got to watch for that). Toad's car is still missing. I wonder if the new CM was using an old script, since she mentioned Ratty's house, and Ratty doesn't have a house in Storybook Land (Toad Hall was relocated years ago; it used to be where Agrabah is now).

Keep your eyes peeled on the Jungle Cruise and you'll see a mama duck with several adorable ducklings (today I spotted them behind the docked Ucayali Una). I wonder if our skipper used to work the HM; he mentioned something about the fish picking up our "sympathetic vibrations" and beginning to "materialize" in the piranha pool.

The HM's restyled attic is still looking good (though the narration between the stairs and the ballroom wasn't working).

The bathrooms near Alice in Wonderland have been remodeled and they are BEAUTIFUL. Sharp-eyed visitors may have already noticed the White Rabbit statue's absence from Alice's load area. He's been moved near the bathrooms, which feature marbled-esque outdoor light fixtures in Cheshire Cat colors, card designs painted on stall doors, and even the tile and ceiling lights inside the bathrooms are themed to fit the Queen of Hearts. Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home